International School of Analytical Psychology Zurich

Please click here for current info on traveling to Switzerland.

Immigration Information for Citizens of EU and EFTA Countries

Visa / Residence Permit

EU/EFTA-nationals can travel to Switzerland without a visa and can in principle live and work in Switzerland. However, if you want to stay for a period longer than 90 days, you will still need to get a residence permit.

At ISAP the semesters are a bit longer than 90 days, so if you come only for this period you will miss the beginning or the end of the semester. In case you plan to study at ISAP for a longer period, in most cases it is recommended to apply for a residence permit for study reasons.

Please also be aware that there might be some differences depending on the EU country you come from. More detailed info here.

If you intend to stay in Switzerland for longer than 90 days you will need to register at the municipality where you are living. This needs to be done within 14 days of arriving in Switzerland. If you are registering in the Canton of Zurich, the municipality will forward your registration to the Migration Authority in Zurich. The Migration Authority decides about residence permits.

You will need to provide several documents, e.g. a passport/identity card and a rental contract. For an overview of all the documents please inform yourself at the municipality. The responsible authority is called ‘Einwohnerkontrolle’ in German. In the city of Zürich you will have to be at the responsible authority of the municipality, called the ‘Kreisbüro’. There are several of these authorities, responsible for a part of the city. To look up the responsible ‘Kreisbüro’ in your case, you can fill in your Swiss address on this website.

The most common residence permit for studying at ISAP is a permit B for study reasons for one year. This permit can be renewed every year. For study reasons you can stay a maximum period of 8 years in Switzerland.

Health Insurance

Having health insurance is mandatory in Switzerland. Students with an EU-nationality may be exempted from taking out Swiss insurance if they have a European Health Insurance Card. More info here and here.